#1 Digital strategy in COVID-19 Lockdown
With entire nations on lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak, business owners have more and harder decisions to make than ever before.
Why digital marketing can help businesses during critical times.
With life as we know it quickly changing, marketing strategies need to adapt to maintain brand awareness and customer engagement. Many traditional marketing channels have dried up as government agencies, businesses, organizations, and consumers do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Social media platforms have also experienced an uptick in user activity during the coronavirus crisis. Twitter recently reported a 23% increase in monetizable daily active users in the first quarter of 2020. Many quarantined people are flocking to Facebook and its associated apps to stay in touch with friends and family and keep tabs on the developing situation. Facebook officials stated that Italian users are 70% more active on Facebook applications since the country was placed in a nationwide lockdown.
People are looking for ways to connect with the outside world, and savvy brands can help deliver the kind of meaningful engagement digital users crave.
These are trying times for businesses, and we all need to remain flexible to continue running effectively while the coronavirus spreads across the world. Digital marketing enables brands to stay connected with existing customers and prospects and keep their sales pipeline stocked with leads.
Is your business affecting due to lockdown?
Digital marketing is one of the better performing business domains and acts as a safeguard against some of the consequences of coronavirus.
Follow simple digital marketing steps, you can boost your business from home.
- Is your website updated?
If your answer is No. so revamp your site, this is the best time to start Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media usage is an all-time high, it is the best time to review social media handle of your biz.
- Increase LinkedIn connections.
- Join the LinkedIn group to plan efficient content on the Facebook page.
- Analyze competition on Instagram.
- Plan efficient content on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter page.
- Improve Google My Business page.
- YouTube Live Streaming For Your Business
Other Digital Marketing Mediums that helps your business
- Virtual webinars to reach out to prospects, keep them engaged, and give them some thought-provoking content to digest while they’re confined to their homes.
- Blogs and articles to educate readers about the impact of COVID-19 on a particular industry.
- Email marketing & SMS Marketing to let customers and prospects know what your brand is doing to address the coronavirus.
- Forums posting about the impact of COVID-19 on a particular industry.
The coronavirus outbreak has triggered a global health and economic crisis. While no one can say for sure when everything will return to normal, you have to follow the guidelines of the relevant authorities and stay safe. It is also important that you leverage the opportunity of the COVID-19 lockdown, by using the internet to increase your brand exposure. Improving and maintaining your brand’s visibility online puts your products and services at the forefront of consumers who might need them. This way you can still remain in business and grow despite the current circumstances.
How is your business responding to the coronavirus crisis? Share some of your successful strategies in the comments section below.